Friday, June 19, 2009

Jonah Barrington's Squash

This squash game came out in 1985 and low and behold, it uses digitized speech. Well made game (good movement and graphics) that’s way under-rated (not too well known I guess). Even if you have never played squash in your life, you will have fun with this one ... until you can demolish Jonah at the highest level (yellow).


In the video, I wear the yellow shirt while Jonah Barrington aka the computer wears white.

There are four levels of difficulty in the game and this is the hardest (yellow level, press 8 to select it when asked for level you want). As you can see, it’s fast paced but not too hard once you understand that you have to be aggressive to beat the computer.

How do you control where the ball goes? Not sure, I think, it’s all based on timing, when the button is pushed and released.

The problem with the game is that you soon realize that you have to volley everything that comes at you. To do that, you need to stay in front, around the median line. When you think of it, it's not too realistic to play that way ... I guess since I've never played squash in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment